Finding a topic
Finding a topic to blog about seems daunting for first-time authors. They often say things like:
I would love to write a blog post, but I have nothing interesting to write about!
Let us give it to you straight: This is not true :) All of you have interesting stories to tell.
We hope that we can give you some tips to find your first topic more easily.
Your general advice is: Think about what you would like to read about yourself. Could you write that blog post yourself now?
Here a couple of different areas that your colleagues have blogged about on underthehood.meltwater.com in the past:
- finding improved ways to how we work together
- how we used a certain technology to solve a problem in our business domain
- what we built and open sourced
- conferences/meetups that people went to and what they learned
- meetups that we have sponsored
- something we did for the greater good in the communities we live and work in