Meltwater is looking for a Backend Developer with an Infrastructure Passion to join our teams in Gothenburg. You will strengthen the team and help them assume full development and production ownership of one of the largest Elasticsearch clusters in the world. Oh, and we’re also moving our gear from colo to cloud.
The teams develops and runs their own micro services, search engine clusters and infrastructure automation. All of which has been built over the last three years to enrich, index, search and analyze the hundreds of billions of documents that give our customers valuable insights.
If you get excited when talking about infrastructure-as-code, Simian armies, continuous delivery pipelines, container orchestration, advanced alerting and how to not become the “DevOps person” on the team then you’ll love working with us.
Some qualities we hope to find in you
- you’re curious and take pleasure in learning new things
- you enjoy solving problems together with others
- you’re passionate about discussing infrastructure, DevOps culture and code with team members
- you have experience with a few different programming languages, and can easily pick up new ones
- you’ve spent a few years running the systems that you’ve built, or have worked as a sysadmin
- a Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- you can carry a conversation in English
Our backend stack consists of Java and Groovy with some Golang, Python, Ruby, Elixir thrown in; all accompanied by Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Docker, Mesos/Marathon, MySQL, StatsD/Graphite and more. Our frontend stack has the usual suspects - Node.js, Angular, Jade, MongoDB. It’s all based on Linux running on hybrid physical and AWS clouds, and we are heavily into Linux and Mac OSX on the desktops.
What you can expect from us
- work in an international and open-minded team
- challenging tasks to solve in collaboration with other international teams
- opportunities to travel to other Meltwater Engineering offices in Europe and the U.S.
- monthly full-day hackathons and self-organized tech guilds
- we promote Open Source contributions - see https://github.com/meltwater
- we promote knowledge sharing in the Gothenburg Meetup community, e.g. Continuous Delivery Meetup, Docker, Distributed Systems
- competitive salary
- relocation assistance for internationals
Meltwater helps businesses drive growth and build brands. Meltwater’s online media intelligence platform analyzes billions of digital documents daily to extract precise, timely business insights that help more than 20,000 companies understand their markets, engage their customers, and master the new social business environment.
Located in 6 engineering offices and 50+ sales offices around the world, the Meltwater team is made up of high-energy, top-performing individuals dedicated to innovation, collaboration, and leadership.
Read on our underthehood blog which problems our engineers are solving. Also have a look what life is like at Meltwater. We are more than 1000 people across the globe, so there is a lot going on. To learn even more about who we are and what we do, visit our company profiles on Xing, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Excited by this challenge? Send applications and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide the following information:
- résumé (CV), including your contact details
- any pet projects that you want to share?
We are looking forward to your application and to getting to know you.