Content Engineering is responsible for bringing in fresh content into the Meltwater Platform. The team in Berlin is focusing on Influencer Content, building suitable tools and algorithms, to provide our customers with the highest quality, most relevant and timely influencer information possible.
All of our solutions are fully web-based, offered as a service, and the technology portfolio ranges from ReactJS, Redux, Ruby on Rails applications in the frontend to ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ and Apache Storm’s stream processing framework in the backend.
We are looking for an experienced Software Design Engineer in Test, to help our Berlin team to build better software by developing advanced testing frameworks and tools.
What we are looking for
- 2+ years of software testing experience
- Experienced in automated testing (RSpec, Karma, Spock, JUnit, Cucumber, Gatling) as well as in exploratory testing
- Clear understanding of HTML, JS, CSS, Java, Ruby and know how to test features
- Fluent in English (don’t know German? no problem!)
- Curiosity, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, the ability to learn new things and to find creative solutions to technical problems
- Knowledge of current trends in software testing, architecture and web services
- Passion to Open Source and contribute to the community
Additional preferred skills
- Experience with Git and Jenkins
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux
- Basic Ruby on Rails knowledge
- Driving the testing in the development team including API contract testing, performance testing and regression testing.
- Constantly striving to increase the efficiency of testing by introducing automation and tools.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Engineering Managers and Developers to prioritize problem resolution and ensure release readiness
- Actively evolve our agile development process together with us (Scrum)
- Commitment to excellence and mastery: We want to keep getting better together!
What you can expect from us
- Work in an international and open-minded team
- Challenging tasks to solve in collaboration with other international teams
- Opportunities to travel to other Meltwater Engineering offices in Europe and the U.S.
- Community: bi-monthly hackathons, self-organized tech guilds and more
- Open Source contributions - see https://github.com/meltwater
- Tech Talks to foster constant knowledge sharing
- Personal branding support: preparing tech talks and blog posts, visiting industry conferences
- Ergonomic desks and chairs
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance for internationals
Meltwater builds digital intelligence and marketing solutions for a global client base. All of our solutions are fully web-based, offered as a service, and based on a modern technology stack. This is your opportunity to be part of a small agile team within a big multinational organization!
The Influencer Content team is headquartered in our office in the Oberbaum City in Berlin, and collaborates closely with other teams worldwide.
Read on our underthehood blog which problems our engineers are solving. Also have a look what life is like at Meltwater. We are more than 1000 people across the globe, so there is a lot going on. To learn even more about who we are and what we do, visit our company profiles on Xing, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Excited by this challenge? Send applications and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide the following information:
- résumé (CV), including your contact details
- project portfolio - what have you worked on before?
- any pet projects that you want to share?
We are looking forward to your application and to getting to know you.