Content Engineering is responsible for bringing in fresh content into the Meltwater Platform. The team in Berlin is focusing on Influencer Content, building suitable tools and algorithms, to provide our customers with the highest quality, most relevant and timely influencer information possible.
Our technology portfolio ranges from ReactJS, RxJS, Ruby on Rails applications in the frontend to ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ and Apache Storm’s stream processing framework in the backend.
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master / Agile Coach to support us on our path to become a high performing software development team.
What we are looking for
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of patterns and techniques for handling retrospectives, defect triaging, etc
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self study, etc.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Fluent in English (don’t know German? no problem!)
Additional preferred skills
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Serving and supporting the Product Owner and Scrum Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. You will be the team’s Agilist.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team on how to get the most of out self organization
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team (and organization) and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for team and organization
- Removing impediments and guiding the team to do the same
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog.
- Commitment to excellence and mastery: We want to keep getting better together!
What you can expect from us
- Work in an international and open-minded team
- Challenging tasks to solve in collaboration with other international teams
- Opportunities to travel to other Meltwater Engineering offices in Europe and the U.S.
- Community: bi-monthly hackathons, self-organized tech guilds and more
- Open Source contributions - see https://github.com/meltwater
- Tech Talks to foster constant knowledge sharing
- Personal branding support: preparing tech talks and blog posts, visiting industry conferences
- Ergonomic desks and chairs
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance for internationals
Meltwater builds digital intelligence and marketing solutions for a global client base. All of our solutions are fully web-based, offered as a service, and based on a modern technology stack. This is your opportunity to be part of a small agile team within a big multinational organization!
The Influencer Content team is headquartered in our office in the Oberbaum City in Berlin, and collaborates closely with other teams worldwide.
Read on our underthehood blog which problems our engineers are solving. Also have a look what life is like at Meltwater. We are more than 1000 people across the globe, so there is a lot going on. To learn even more about who we are and what we do, visit our company profiles on Xing, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Excited by this challenge? Send applications and questions to: email@example.com
Provide the following information:
- résumé (CV), including your contact details
- project portfolio - what have you/your teams built before?
- any pet projects or specif interests that you want to share?
We are looking forward to your application and to getting to know you.