Meltwater, a global software-as-a-service company, is looking to hire a full-time Media Research Associate (MRA) in London.
As a Media Research Associate you will work on updating and developing our media contact database by researching information on journalists and media outlets in English and Italian across a variety of fields, industries, and markets.
The MRA will be responsible for keeping our media contact database current and expansive. You will do this through research of media outlets such as newspapers, TV stations, blogs, and magazines to discover and contact journalists and bloggers. The research will primarily be done using online search engines, social media, email, and phone calls. The MRA will communicate with journalists to obtain information regarding their media careers, contact preferences, and contact information. The MRA will undertake specific projects relevant to the development of Meltwater’s media contact database, working creatively to contribute new ideas to improve the research development process.
The right applicant will enjoy data processing and have an interest in public relations, journalism, and technology. You must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to communicate at all levels. The applicant will feel comfortable speaking with journalists over the phone and making updates directly in our software applications. We are looking for a candidate with a great personality that fits with the exciting work environment of Meltwater. We work with amazing clients and are looking for exceptional employees!
- Full-time work (40h/week)
- Candidates must be authorised to work legally in the UK
- Based out of our brand new offices in Shoreditch, London
- Typically a five day week, Mon – Fri (9am – 6pm)
- Immediate start
Skills & Requirements
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Strong ability to conduct productive research (internet, phone)
- Attention to detail and accuracy in your work
- Basic understanding and interest in traditional and new media journalism
- Good computer literacy skills
- Self-motivated with ability to time manage
- Outstanding commitment and winning spirit
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills