You are self-driven and determined and have a great attention to detail? Do you want to work in a dynamic global organization?
We are looking for ambitious professionals to join our support team in Berlin. Our office is between Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg right at Oberbaumbrücke. You’ll join a truly international team of friendly people.
The main responsibility of this position will be to continually update our database of website configurations. You would need to have a comprehensive understanding of the topic “Web Data Extraction” and its associated challenges.
You will be working as part of the wider Support engineering team together with the sales department responding to customer requests and issues. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills. An individual who can work under pressure, communicate effectively and provide alternative solutions is likely to succeed. An understanding of the media landscape in Germany and abroad is a plus.
Key Result Areas:
- Mainly a continuous update of website configuration via own in-house web user interface
- Work on task force projects focused on continuous improvement of content quality and expanding of the content coverage
- Work within a dynamic, international Support team
- Respond to customer cases assigned to you
- Gather logs, configuration details and attempt to reproduce the reported issues
- Document all interactions and case details, including a detailed description of the issue and any resolutions provided/recommended
- Participate in knowledge sharing (discussions and input towards knowledge base/documentation)
(All required training will be provided)
- University degree (computing/engineering related)
- Strong academic results
- Fluent in English, good knowledge of German, other european languages are desired but not a requirement
- Strong knowledge of regular expressions
- Strong knowledge of MySQL/relational databases
- Firm knowledge of Web Data Extraction technologies
- Firm understanding of HTTP protocols (structure, status codes, authentication, etc.)
- Proven ability to deliver and troubleshoot with minimum supervision when time is limited
- Experience with issue tracking systems and tools like JIRA
- Fluency in perl and/or python
Candidates must be authorized to work legally in the EU.
Please apply through submitting your CV and cover letter via our website under www.meltwater.com/careers/opportunities.
We are screening candidates as we receive applications.
Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for the submission is November 31th 2015.