Do you want to work in a dynamic global organization? We are looking for ambitious professionals to join our support department working from our office in Helsinki. You’ll join a truly international and dynamic team of friendly people.
You will be working as part of the wider Support engineering team, and together with the sales department responding to customer requests and issues. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills. You are self-driven and determined and have a great attention to detail. An individual who can work under pressure, communicate effectively and provide alternative solutions is likely to succeed.
The role involves monitoring and diagnosing application and system problems, or issues that are disrupting the application service platform that business users depend on. The job calls for both technical capability and business understanding. Crucially, applications are production, or live, and issues need immediate attention with early diagnosis and response. All required training will be provided.
Key Result Areas:
- Qualifying and resolving high priority, critical impact support tickets
- Manage, prioritize and troubleshoot a pipeline of tickets, application requests and project activities
- Developing and implementing innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers and add value
- Following support case management practices, including meeting SLAs and making sure cases are kept up to date in the Support System of Record (JIRA)
- Clear, concise, and effective communication to customers, vendors and within Meltwater.
- Feedback to the Training, Engineering and Product Management teams to improve the quality of our product and documentation.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- University degree (computing/engineering related) with strong academic results
- A proactive and positive approach to identifying and solving problems
- Proven ability to deliver and troubleshoot with minimum supervision when time is limited
- Strong knowledge of MySQL/relational databases
- Strong knowledge of regular expressions
- Firm understanding of HTTP protocols (structure, status codes, authentication, etc.)
- Fluent in English, Finnish and Swedish
- Experience with issue tracking systems and tools like JIRA
Candidates must be authorized to work legally in the EU.
Please apply through submitting your CV and cover letter via our website under www.meltwater.com/careers/opportunities.
We are screening candidates as we receive applications.
Deadline for the submission is August 30th 2015.