Meltwater’s Self-Service Applications team is responsible for developing applications for the management of media contacts and outlets, and also building Apps and APIs that expose that data to a broader audience. These services are part of our PR Solutions, more specifically of the tools we offer for managing Media Relations.
We are looking to extend this team with a Ruby on Rails Developer. You will be tasked to extend existing Apps and APIs but also build new Apps for both internal and external consumption. The team is headquartered in our office in the Oberbaum City in Berlin, and collaborates closely with other teams worldwide.
Wonder what life is like at Meltwater, or about the career paths in software engineering? To learn even more about who we are and what we do, visit our company profiles on Xing, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and read the posts on our Engineering Blog.
- extend our existing Apps and APIs
- build tools and services relevant for the media industry
- 4+ years professional experience
- Well-versed with modern HTML and CSS
- Ability to take ownership of all parts of a web project
- Understand how to optimize browser and Rails performance issues
- Understanding of general user experience and UI design principles
- expose the Apps you build to a large international audience - your work matters!
- work on your own time / we are flexible
- choose your own hardware - as long as it is a Mac :)
- contribute to open source projects
- take risks, and learn new things
- enjoy the company of a young and outgoing team
- report directly to the Manager of the Self-Service Applications team
Excited by this challenge? Send applications and questions to: email@example.com
Provide the following information:
- résumé (CV), including your contact details
- project portfolio - what have you built before?
- code samples (e.g. github account)
- any pet projects that you want to share?
We are looking forward to your application and to getting to know you.