Meltwater, a global software-as-a-service company, is looking to hire full and part time Media Research Associates (MRA) in London. As a Media Research Associate you will work on updating and developing our media contact database by researching information about UK journalists and media outlets across a variety of fields, industries, and markets.
The MRA will be responsible for keeping our media contact database current and expansive. You will do this through researching media outlets such as newspapers, TV stations, blogs, and magazines to discover and contact journalists and bloggers. The research will primarily be done using online search engines, social media, email, and phone calls. The MRA will communicate with journalists to obtain information regarding their media careers, contact preferences, and contact information. The MRA will undertake specific projects relevant to the development of Meltwater’s media contact database, working creatively to contribute new ideas to improve the research development process.
The right applicant will enjoy data processing and have an interest in public relations, journalism, and technology. You must be able to meet research targets under deadlines and be able to work under some supervision. The applicant will feel comfortable speaking with journalists over the phone and making updates directly in our software applications. We are looking for a candidate with a great personality that fits with the exciting work environment of Meltwater. We work with amazing clients and are looking for exceptional employees!
- Full-time (40h/week) or part-time/student worker (20h/week)
- Candidates must be authorized to work legally in the EU
- be able to work out of our office in London from Monday - Friday
- starts immedately
Skills & Requirements
- Fluent in English (reading/writing/speaking)
- Attention to detail and accuracy in your work
- Strong ability to conduct productive research (internet, phone)
- Basic understanding and interest in traditional and media journalism
- Good computer literacy skills
- Self-motivated with ability to time management
- Outstanding commitment and winning spirit
- Enjoy working in a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Are you the right candidate for this job? Apply at our Careers Website. Application deadline is July 14th.