Do you want to work in a dynamic global organization, solving interesting real time problems? We are looking for ambitious young professionals to join our application support team in Berlin.
Our office is between Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg right at Oberbaumbrücke. You’ll join a very international team of friendly people. You are self-driven and determined and have a passion for to solving the challenges our customers are facing to give them a great experience with our products. Even under stress, you stay focused, friendly and empathetic.
The role involves monitoring and diagnosing application and system problems, or issues that are disrupting the application service platform that business users depend on. The job calls for both technical capability and business understanding. Crucially, applications are on production, or live, and issues need immediate attention with early diagnosis and response.
- Work within a dynamic, international team to support customers throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Manage, prioritize and troubleshoot a pipeline of tickets, application requests and project activities
- Respond to system generated alerts/escalations relating to any failures on the service platform
- Work with Product Development teams to determine root cause of problems and deliver effective solutions
- Work on projects focused on continuous improvement of the application support model and associated processes
- Document standards, processes and procedures relating to best practices, issues and resolutions.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills. An individual who can work under pressure, communicate effectively and provide alternative solutions is likely to succeed.
- University degree (computing/engineering related)
- Strong academic results
- Fluent in English
- SQL/Database experience
- Investigation and diagnostic skills
- HTML and/or CSS
- Business awareness
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to empathize with end users and interact with people at all levels throughout the organization.
- Development skills is a plus (J2EE, Ruby on Rails, PHP etc)
- Familiarity with regular expressions
- Experience with scripting
Candidates must be authorized to work legally in the EU.
Are you ready for the challenge? Apply through our website at www.meltwater.com/careers/opportunities/ before 14th May.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org, no applications via email.
About Meltwater Group
Meltwater Group is the world’s leading media intelligence company, providing innovative solutions that enable businesses to make strategic decisions using newly available data. Meltwater has more than 50 offices, boasting 20,000 clients in 90 countries, and has been growing exponentially since 2003. Guided by our core values, Meltwater culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess. We are not afraid of investing in hidden talent and believe that in an environment where people are motivated and supported by their colleagues, individuals will discover their strengths.