About the Meltwater Group
The Meltwater Group is a privately held software company founded in Norway in 2001, serving more than 18,000 of the world’s most dynamic and admired clients globally. Aside from niche market business intelligence tools our company prides itself on several globally renowned accreditations in recent years including: The CRF Institutes Britain’s Top Employers, the 25th Fastest growing company in Europe :: Technology 500, Schroders Next Gem & Red Herring Global 100.
We have grown organically from a small start-up of 2 people to a multinational company on six continents. In the last five years we have opened more than 35 offices in Europe, Middle East, North America, South America, Asia, Australia and Africa. Today, Meltwater has a local presence in more than 50 cities across the world creating, selling and supporting leading edge SaaS products, which include:
- Meltwater Buzz – Social media monitoring and engagement suite
- Meltwater News - Global leader in online media monitoring
- Meltwater Press - Provides a global journalist database and media release distribution service
The Senior Application Support Engineer will provide technical support expertise within the Global Support organization. This individual will be responsible for providing application support to sales teams and customers using the Meltwater Marketing and PR Suite platforms. Being a vital part of the Global Technical Support team involves working on highly complex systems and providing overarching technology support services, ensuring overall customer satisfaction and total resolution of each support ticket and escalation managed. The individual in this role will be a key figure supplying technical expertise to Meltwater sales teams and customers as well as to other support team members as a valued mentor, coach and technical resource.
Key Result Areas:
- Drive the resolution of support tickets reported to Global Support. Work to define and diagnose issues by applying technical expertise, product knowledge, problem solving skills and effective communication. Determine root problem cause and provide resolution to customer or work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to do so.
- Lead or Participate actively in escalation calls, lead product escalations and drive reported critical issues to resolution
- Ensure proper and consistent communication of escalation status to the sales teams, the customer and Meltwater Support and Executive Management
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and coaching of fellow engineers
- Good knowledge of Web Design including a working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience working with application/web serves servers (i.e. Tomcat, Apache) and knowledge of application server configuration internals
- Strong SQL skills and Database administration knowledge (i.e. MySQL)
- Knowledge of one UNIX flavor operating system platform (i.e. Linux)
- Understanding of XML/RSS/Atom feeds
- High level understanding of web services and APIs
Planning and Organizational Skills:
- Ability to manage a diverse support workload and be effective at multitasking. Strong problem solving skills and a sensitivity to provide timely data and responses.
- Ability to isolate critical or high priority items, raise them with Engineering and Development teams, and follow them through to resolution
- Ability to work closely with technical peers from Global Tech Support, Engineering, Development, QA and Product Management disciplines
- Willing to work outside normal hours from time to time to coordinate with international teams (e.g. taking conference calls very early or late) or where there is a requirement to manage a critical escalation
Behavioral and Interpersonal:
- Analytical and Engineered approach to problem solving
- Results oriented
- Positive attitude
- Thirst for learning and passion for hands on experience
Pre- Requisites and Travel Requirements
- The candidate would be based in Meltwater’s New Hampshire office – consisting of development and operations engineers, Buzz product marketing and sales
- Less than 20% travel expected for client-related issues, additional occasional travel for training and internal meetings. Some international travel may be required in the future.
Excited by this challenge? Send applications and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your application and to getting to know you.