Today the Internet holds vast amounts of information and it is becoming increasingly difficult to find the relevant piece of information. Our search platform helps tens of thousands of decision makers across the world to find the needle in the haystack.
Meltwater is an entrepreneurial Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company focused on providing breakthrough productivity-increasing services to companies and organizations across the world. Meltwater currently delivers business solutions based on search engine technology, natural language processing and cloud computing with our flagship product lines Meltwater News, Meltwater Buzz, Meltwater Press, and Icerocket.com.
Our company values emphasize fun, winning and respect. These three values define how we work and are the cornerstones behind our past success. The drive and team-focused approach, which Meltwater employs, are key qualifiers for this position.
Our services are based on a proprietary state-of-the-art Data Aggregation (Content Services), Natural Language Processing (Enrichment) and Search platform (Search and Storage), which handles massive amount of data (tens of millions of articles per day). Our world-class engineering team is continuously improving the system to extract more value out of the data and to keep up with the ever-increasing amount of data created by social media.
We are looking for a (Senior) NLP Engineer to enforce our Enrichment team in the Budapest office.
You will be working in a small, world-wide distributed team, who is working on the company’s core technologies.
- Work in a small, distributed team and contribute towards the team goal(s)
- Analyze requirements and estimate work effort
- Research state of the art NLP technologies and productize them
- Design, develop, test, and maintain components according to requirements
- Take ownership for some of the components or services maintained by the team.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert of Natural Language Processing in the team
- Mentor more junior team members
- 5+ years of experience in the field of Natural Language Processing
- Thorough knowledge of basic NLP technologies like tokenization, POS tagging, parsing etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of various machine learning algorithms
- Software engineering skills
- Experience in Java
- Problem solver with good design knowledge (OOD)
- Fluency in English
Familiarity with any of the following technologies is considered an advantage:
- GATE framework
- Machine Learning frameworks: Weka, Mahout, Mallet
- Named Entity Recognition, entity disambiguation, anaphora resolution
- Additional spoken languages, especially Asian (Chinese, Japanese)
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) development
- Maven, Git, JUnit/TestNG, Tomcat
- Html, Xml, Unicode
- Spring Framework
What we can offer:
- Work on cutting edge technologies
- Challenging assignments
- Work in an international and culturally diverse environment
- Work for a young, agile, and fast growing company
- Competitive salary
- Company values
- Located in the center of Budapest
Excited by this challenge? Send applications and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide the following information:
- Résumé (CV), including your contact details
- Project portfolio - what have you built before?
- Code samples (e.g. github account)