Meltwater builds digital intelligence and marketing solutions for a global client base. Our teams in Manchester, NH deliver value to our customers building a variety of solutions in the Meltwater Platform.
Our technology portfolio includes applications based on the MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, and Node.js) in the frontend, connecting to services using ElasticSearch and RabbitMQ in the backend.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team that is designing and building easily configurable and intuitive analytics solutions which help our users understand the success of their work through measuring business outcomes and understanding emerging patterns.
What we are looking for
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, including MySQL and MongoDB
- A degree, or equivalent qualification, in computer science or a related discipline
- Experience with building and running large-scale applications
- Enthusiasm for Microservices architecture and distributed systems
- Experience with a PaaS/SaaS cloud development, preferably AWS
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and a demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to technical problems
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Additional preferred skills
- Experience with charting and graphing libraries, such as Highcharts
- Knowledge of Unix shell scripting and CI/CD tools
- Be accountable for all aspects of your work, from research and analysis to testing and deployment in production
- Actively evolve our agile development process together with us (Scrum)
- Commitment to excellence and mastery: We want to keep getting better together!
- Write code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability
What you can expect from us
- Challenging tasks to solve in collaboration with other international teams
- Opportunities to travel to other Meltwater Engineering offices in Europe and the U.S.
- Community: bi-monthly hackathons, self-organized tech guilds and more
- Opportunities for Open Source contributions - see https://github.com/meltwater
- Tech Talks to foster constant knowledge sharing
- Personal branding support: preparing tech talks and blog posts, visiting industry conferences
- Ergonomic desks and chairs
- Competitive salary
Meltwater helps companies make better, more informed business decisions based on insights from the outside. More than 24,000 companies use the Meltwater media intelligence platform to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract relevant insights, and use them to strategically manage their brand and stay ahead of their competition. All of our solutions are fully web-based, offered as a service, and based on a modern technology stack. This is your opportunity to be part of a small agile team within a big multinational organization!
Meltwater also operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs.
Read on our underthehood blog which problems our engineers are solving. Also have a look what life is like at Meltwater. We are more than 1000 people across the globe, so there is a lot going on. To learn even more about who we are and what we do, visit our company profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
Excited by this challenge? Send applications and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide the following information:
- résumé (CV), including your contact details
- project portfolio - what have you built before?
- code samples (e.g. github account)
- any pet projects that you want to share?
We are looking forward to your application and to getting to know you.