Meltwater builds digital intelligence and marketing solutions for a global client base. Our teams in Manchester, NH deliver value to our customers building a variety of solutions in the Meltwater Platform.
Our technology portfolio includes applications based on the MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, and Node.js) in the frontend, connecting to services using ElasticSearch and RabbitMQ in the backend.
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master / Agile Coach to support us on our path to become a high performing software development team.
What we are looking for
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I), or equivalent qualification/experience
- Experience in a Scrum Master role for at least one year with a software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of patterns and techniques for handling retrospectives, defect triaging, etc
- Track record of continued and recent education in Agile methodologies, including training, conferences, user groups, self study, etc.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
Additional preferred skills
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Serving and supporting the Product Owner and Scrum Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. You will be the team’s Agilist.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team on how to get the most out of self organization
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team (and organization) and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments and guiding the team to do the same
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog.
- Commitment to excellence and mastery: We want to keep getting better together!
What you can expect from us
- Challenging tasks to solve in collaboration with other international teams
- Opportunities to travel to other Meltwater Engineering offices in Europe and the U.S.
- Community: bi-monthly hackathons, self-organized tech guilds and more
- Opportunities for Open Source contributions - see https://github.com/meltwater
- Tech Talks to foster constant knowledge sharing
- Personal branding support: preparing tech talks and blog posts, visiting industry conferences
- Ergonomic desks and chairs
- Competitive salary
Meltwater helps companies make better, more informed business decisions based on insights from the outside. More than 24,000 companies use the Meltwater media intelligence platform to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract relevant insights, and use them to strategically manage their brand and stay ahead of their competition. All of our solutions are fully web-based, offered as a service, and based on a modern technology stack. This is your opportunity to be part of a small agile team within a big multinational organization!
Meltwater also operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs.
Read on our underthehood blog which problems our engineers are solving. Also have a look what life is like at Meltwater. We are more than 1000 people across the globe, so there is a lot going on. To learn even more about who we are and what we do, visit our company profiles on LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
Excited by this challenge? Send applications and questions to: email@example.com
Provide the following information:
- résumé (CV), including your contact details
- project portfolio - what have you done with your teams before?
- any pet projects or specifc interests that you want to share?
We are looking forward to your application and to getting to know you.