Content Engineering is responsible for bringing in fresh content into the Meltwater Platform. The team in Berlin is focusing on Influencer Content, building suitable tools and algorithms, to provide our customers with the highest quality, most relevant and timely influencer information possible.
Our technology portfolio ranges from ReactJS, Redux, Ruby on Rails applications in the frontend to ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ and Apache Storm’s stream processing framework in the backend.
We are looking for an experienced Frontend Developer, to help our Berlin team build applications that support optimal data entry workflows of our users. Our frontend is built with React, Babel (ES2015) and Redux on top of a Rails backend and several APIs written in Java.
What we are looking for
- HTML5, CSS3
- basic Ruby on Rails knowledge
- in-depth experience with building frontends, such as an understanding of UX principles * and good knowledge of browser incompatibilities
- Fluent in English (don’t know German? no problem!)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and a demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to technical problems
- Knowledge of current trends in software design, architecture and web services
- Passion to Open Source and contribute to the community
Additional preferred skills
- Stream processing
- Reactive Frontend Programming
- Basic Java knowledge
- Be accountable for all aspects of your work, from research and analysis to testing and deployment
- Actively evolve our agile development process together with us (Scrum)
- Commitment to excellence and mastery: We want to keep getting better together!
- Write code that your peers praise for its elegance and readability
What you can expect from us
- Work in an international and open-minded team
- Challenging tasks to solve in collaboration with other international teams
- Opportunities to travel to other Meltwater Engineering offices in Europe and the U.S.
- Community: bi-monthly hackathons, self-organized tech guilds and more
- Open Source contributions - see https://github.com/meltwater
- Tech Talks to foster constant knowledge sharing
- Personal branding support: preparing tech talks and blog posts, visiting industry conferences
- Ergonomic desks and chairs
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance for internationals
Meltwater builds digital intelligence and marketing solutions for a global client base. All of our solutions are fully web-based, offered as a service, and based on a modern technology stack. This is your opportunity to be part of a small agile team within a big multinational organization!
The Influencer Content team is headquartered in our office in the Oberbaum City in Berlin, and collaborates closely with other teams worldwide.
Read on our underthehood blog which problems our engineers are solving. Also have a look what life is like at Meltwater. We are more than 1000 people across the globe, so there is a lot going on. To learn even more about who we are and what we do, visit our company profiles on Xing, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Excited by this challenge? Send applications and questions to: email@example.com
Provide the following information:
- résumé (CV), including your contact details
- project portfolio - what have you built before?
- code samples (e.g. github account)
- any pet projects that you want to share?
We are looking forward to your application and to getting to know you.