Do you want to work in a dynamic global organization? We are looking for ambitious professionals to join our support team in Berlin. Our office is between Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg right at Oberbaumbrücke. You’ll join a truly international team of friendly people. You are self-driven and determined and have a great attention to detail.
The main responsibility of this position will be to continually update our database of website configurations. You would need to have a comprehensive understanding of the topic “Web Data Extraction” and its associated challenges.
You will be working as part of the wider Support engineering team together with the sales department responding to customer requests and issues. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills. An individual who can work under pressure, communicate effectively and provide alternative solutions is likely to succeed. An understanding of the media landscape in Germany and abroad is a plus.
- Mainly a continuous update of website configuration via own in-house web user interface
- Work on task force projects focused on continuous improvement of content quality and expanding of the content coverage
- Work within a dynamic, international Support team
- Respond to customer cases assigned to you
- Gather logs, configuration details and attempt to reproduce the reported issues
- Document all interactions and case details, including a detailed description of the issue and any resolutions provided/recommended
- Participate in knowledge sharing (discussions and input towards knowledge base/documentation)
(All required training will be provided)
- University degree (computing/engineering related)
- Strong academic results
- Fluent in English, good knowledge of German, other european languages are desired but not a requirement
- Strong knowledge of regular expressions
- Strong knowledge of MySQL/relational databases
- Firm understanding of HTTP protocols (structure, status codes, authentication, etc.)
- Proven ability to deliver and troubleshoot with minimum supervision when time is limited
- Fluency in perl and/or python
- Experience with issue tracking systems and tools like JIRA
Candidates must be authorized to work legally in the EU.
Please apply through submitting your CV and cover letter via our website under www.meltwater.com/careers/opportunities. Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for the submission is February 15th, 2015.
About Meltwater Group
Meltwater Group is the world’s leading media intelligence company, providing innovative solutions that enable businesses to make strategic decisions using newly available data. Meltwater has more than 50 offices, boasting 20,000 clients in 90 countries, and has been growing exponentially since 2003. Guided by our core values, Meltwater culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess. We are not afraid of investing in hidden talent and believe that in an environment where people are motivated and supported by their colleagues, individuals will discover their strengths.