Meltwater is a SaaS company delivering business insights to over 23,000 clients in 50 countries. Our products help Marketing and PR professionals to monitor online media and manage their online presence.
We are building the next generation of our data and search backend. This will crawl and index 100M+ news articles, social media and blog posts daily - and deliver results near real-time to our customers.
To help achieving this, you will build a Lab environment together with your team. After using this for initial evaluation of different storage and search technologies, you will run integration and stress tests against PoCs, and finally create an environment and procedures for continuous integration. In a couple of months, you will be part of the release management team and be responsible for production-readyness of the platform.
It will be interesting and challenging to be part of this large project right from the start, being able to influence architectural decisions and contributing significantly to the project’s success.
We are looking for people who:
- have 7+ years of experience building and testing software
- are well-versed in testing and automation tools
- know Linux very well
- are good at Java profiling
- have experience with distributed database systems and distributed search technologies
- are familiar with CI strategies and tools
- are creative in finding the right KPIs, as well as reporting them
- have lead a small team before (3-4 direct reports)
- have good communication skills in English and preferably German or a Scandinavian language
- an interesting and responsible position
- a nice office in Berlin - at Oberbaum City
- direct reporting to the SaaS Operations Manager
- a competitive salary
Interested to join this exciting project? Then please send a cover letter and your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maybe tell us which large Open Source project needs improvement and how you would go about it. We’re looking forward to hear from you!