This is your opportunity to be part of a start-up within a big multinational organization! Join us as Backend Developer - Self-Service Applications.
Meltwater is setting up a new team in Berlin, Germany. The Self-Service Applications team will be developing web and mobile applications that offer a subset of our product portfolio in a self-service business model.
This opportunity will expose you to the following technologies and skills:
- developing web applications for a large international audience
- integration with internal and external APIs, like payment providers and others
- interdisciplinary collaboration with different stakeholders and teams from within Meltwater
- chance to contribute to open source projects
- an environment that supports risk taking and learning
- young and friendly colleagues
- directly reporting to the Manager of the Self-Service Applications team
The team will be headquartered in our office in the Oberbaum City in Berlin, and collaborate closely with other teams in the US and Eastern Europe.
- 4+ years professional experience
- strong programming skills to impress a team of outstanding developers (Java, Ruby/RoR or others with a willingness to learn something new)
- good knowledge of Unit Testing frameworks
- experience with relational databases and other storage systems
- ability to work efficiently in a Linux/Unix based environments
- experience with version control systems (git in our case)
- agile development experience (Scrum Master experience is a plus)
- fluency in English (German is beneficial but optional)
- (optional) contribution to open source projects is a plus
Excited by this challenge? Please send applications and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide the following information:
- the job number for which you are applying: Senior Backend Developer # MW-WEB-004/2013
- résumé (CV), including your contact details
- project portfolio / code samples (e.g. github account)
We are looking forward to your application and to getting to know you.